Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy Wednesday!!

Hello everyone!!  I'm so excited that I'm getting a few followers...YIPPEE!  Not much to follow yet but I promise there will be good things to follow...at least I hope you'll think they're good.  As you can see this is another post with no pictures..and I promise I've been taking loads of pictures...just this past week has been crazy as all get out.

I have to tell you my our escapades of this past Saturday.  First off my year and a half old grandson had spent the night...it is always fun to hear him in the room jabbering away and not understanding a thing he says...but cute just the same.  I opened up the door and was hit by the most awful smell...like a brick hitting you in the face...UGH!  Then to see a pencil in the crib with the eraser and the metal holder thing gone...this child is like Houdini...God only knows where he found it because I scoured the room and anything in the area near arms reach for him is removed...I think the stinker (literally) had it hidden in his diaper or something!!  So I had to tell his mother (my youngest DD) to be on the lookout for something shiny in the diaper.  Once they left the hubs and I had to head to the accountant to get that fun started.  We have no idea what the tax thing is going to be like since we bought the house.  We have always owed so crossing fingers we're in the plus and not the minus!  After we left there I dragged talked the hubs into going to the Christmas Tree Shop to check out the Easter stuff...he just hates loves that store...lol  They had some really cute stuff...I could just spend hours in there checking everything out.  After that I talked (lol) him into going to Home Goods which  I had a gift card for that was burning a hole in my wallet.  I've been on the hunt for apothecary jars for the top of my entertainment center.  Didn't have what I wanted there so we went to another one that is actually closer to our home and I found two that I love.  Hit Panera for dinner and then home....we were out all day...whew!

Yesterday I spent the evening putting Easter decorations up...but I find that I need a few more things so I may have to sneak off to the Christmas Tree Shop again..HE HE!  My two apothecary jars are now decked out in Easter.  One I put pearlized eggs in and the other I put Easter grass and a bunny..but I need to put a bigger bunny in there...

Yesterday I also snuck out of work and hit a consignment shop that I hadn't been to in awhile.  I found some really cute stuff (I really do shop for stuff and take pictures of it!) and had her hold them for me to pick up today...PAYDAY!!  While I was there one of the owners asked me if I liked silver and silverplate...seeing that I had purchased some...duh!  He brought out some pieces of silverplate and one I fell in love with...but the thing I was drooling over were two sterling serving pieces...one was a ladle with initials on it and also a very ornate  silver serving spoon....I want them...how much I ask..well they sell them by the weight and just the serving spoon would be about 80.00 I was told...HELLO...pick me up off the floor!  Is this true??  All the pieces that I've seen on this blog or that blog...you all are paying that much??  I'm thinking you have to hit yard sales or estate sales to get half way decent prices on those kind of pieces...I hope so anyway!

Well...I think I've used up enough space here for one day.  I just have to say though that just when I think I've seen everything I ran across Savvy Southern Style and she is running "Just White and Wow Us Wednesday"  WoW is not the word...I am amazed at all the crafty/talented/inspirational bloggers out there.  I'm envious of your talents and your homes...just gorgeous!!  I hope to someday have a blog as beautiful as the ones I've seen...every one of them!

Blessings on this Ash Wednesday!

Sue

4 comments:

Susan said...

Hi MeMeSue! Wow, you've got your Easter decorations up already? Good for you! What was the smell when you walked into the room? Oh, that little fellow sounds delightful----full of vim and vigor. Take care and have a wonderful Thursday! Susan

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Hi Sue,
Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog and for the invitation to come over. You now have a dozen followers. since you're a self-proclaimed "baby blogger" I'd love it if you could please shoot me a quick email... I have some suggestions for you. :)

Robyn said...

Hi Sue, Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I have become a follower of yours now too and am looking forward to all those promised pictures.

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

I see you are a new blogger. Hooray! Thanks for visiting me! I'm your newest follower and would be delighted to have you follow me back.
Have a great weekend!
Tammy